Our client is seeking an individual to join their company as a Insurance Office Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks and help keep them organized! Duties of the Office Assistant include providing support to the Advisor by assisting in daily office needs and maintaining the company’s general administrative activities. Our ideal person would be organized professionals who bring a positive, problem-solving energy to the office.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be reliable, have a genuine and helpful attitude, and the ability to work professionally with discretion and accountability. A high degree of attention to detail as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results are critical success factors and a positive and collaborative mind-set is a must.
This position is Monday – Friday with flexible hours, preferably in the range of 8 am – 5 pm, but open to work around school hours.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO (you may request further detail):
- Answer phone calls and emails from customers promptly and direct inquiries to the appropriate department to ensure client satisfaction
- Complete administrative tasks, such as filing paperwork and distributing office mail, to help our office run smoothly
- Supports the office functions and provides office assistant support to the Advisor and team as needed
- Schedule appointments, events, and travel arrangements for the company
- Update client database regularly to make sure we have current customer information readily available
- Purchase office supplies as needed and schedule maintenance for office equipment repairs, if needed
- Adapt to the team needs and assist with other projects as needed
- Ability to file both paper and electronic client statements, correspondence, and agreements in a systematic and accurate way
- Assist with marketing mailings and promotional events
- Make suggestions to systematize and improve office functioning to support the growth of the company
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of Clerical/Office Admin Experience required
- High comfort with technology – specifically various online portals and software package (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe Acrobat, CRM System, etc.)
- Proven track record of strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment in order to reflect the firm’s values
- High level of attention to detail, especially under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when preparing and processing transaction paperwork
- Polished, professional, and friendly demeanor
- Must be able to pass a background check (both financial and criminal) and sign confidentiality agreement
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND HOURS
- Compensation is based on experience.
- Available to work 35+ hours/week between 8 am and 5 pm on set days of Monday through Friday
- Paid parking
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Flexible schedule
- No Health Benefits are offered at this time.