Northeast OBGYN Associates is seeking an experienced Medical Insurance Collections Specialist, preferably with obgyn experience, to join our team! We are looking for someone who is able to effectively prioritize, multi-task, demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy, and has exceptional communication skills.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains knowledge of assigned contracts, particularly fee schedules.
- Reviews and completes work log tasks in the system by working through claim edits, denials, and aging tasks. Turns in daily productivity report as necessary.
- Monitors and works rejections from clearinghouse on a daily basis.
- Transfers patient credits from line item to another as necessary.
- Makes adjustments to charges based on contracts, allowables and physician/management review.
- Reviews refunds identified from posting. Prepares and documents as necessary.
- Enters/updates notes and alerts into the billing system in order to communicate proper follow up/status on account.
- Monitors pending paper/electronic claims for proper account follow-up.
- Weekly download denial ERA files to post and distribute to collectors. Submits electronic claims on a daily basis and completes claim tracker log for accountability.
- Responsible for posting all insurance payment batches accurately and timely with appropriate reason codes, following ERA download process.
- Reviews and responds to telephone inquiries/emails; to include patient portal from patients and staff, etc. Answers patient questions regarding accounts in a timely and professional manner. Accepts credit card payments from patients.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Associates degree preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in insurance collections required; OB/GYN office experience preferred.
- CPT and coding experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-10.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, and internet required.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute.
- Ability to make basic numerical calculations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Skill in attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skill in organization.
- Skill in communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in problem solving to resolve billing and payment issues.
Pay commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits available to full-time employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Medical Collections: 2 years (Required)
- Medical Billing: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)