RiverTech, an Akima Company, we are dedicated to bringing innovative solutions to our customers’ complex engineering and operational challenges. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
****Position is contingent upon contract award*****
- The Instructor Pilot trains and evaluates student pilots. Delivers training for systems academics, flight instruction, simulator support, operation of installed mission equipment, aircraft and team tactical employment, and system sustainment under day, night, night systems, enclosed cockpit, simulated instrument, and simulated combat conditions. The instructor pilot conducts classroom academic, hands-on demonstration, simulator, and flight training, as required, to increase the individual and collective proficiency of MC-12 qualified pilots.
- They must have advanced problem-solving skills drawing on years of experience to identify complex problems and figure out appropriate solutions to respond quickly, with sound judgement, and avoid dangerous and/or life-threatening consequences. They must maintain situational awareness of their environment and aircraft, but also of a student pilot's temperament and possible reactions to their unique and unfamiliar situation.
- Ensure syllabus tasks are 100% complete within the time specified for the lesson.
- Support instruction of the 137 SOW Instrument Refresher Course (IRC)
- Support instruction of the Crew Resource Management Course (CRM)
- Per AFI 10-220_IP: FAA Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and the appropriate category and class ratings; 1,000 MP hours (all aircraft flown) and 300 in similar type aircraft.
- Instructor qualified in the MC-12 and current in U.S. military aircraft within the previous two (2) years OR instructor qualified [CSO: in tactical ISR platform, to include AC-130] within the previous four (4) years if the following conditions are met at the time of hiring:
- Performed eight (8) years of military operational flying duty
- Has at least two (2) years or 200 hours experience as an inflight instructor in the proposed Patriot Excalibur (PEX)/MDS and associated mission sets.
- Bachelor’s Degree (General Studies) required.
- Must possess strong communication and observational skills.
Shift: Day Job
Primary Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City
Organization: RiverTech, LLC
Job: Education & Training
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: Ongoing
Clearance Level: TS/SCI