- Adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of students during direct instruction.
- Work with staff to implement a coherent curriculum aligned with district, state and national standards.
- Promote use of consistent instructional framework and research-based instructional strategies, including developing/monitoring grade level Essential Outcomes.
- Help build assessment systems that are aligned with curriculum and instruction priorities.
- Model instructional strategies with teachers and staff in classrooms.
- Make regular classroom visits to support instructional improvement.
- Provide feedback to teachers and staff regarding instruction and implementation issues.
- Work collaboratively with teachers and administrator(s) to focus on reflective dialog that drives instructional decisions and improves student achievement.
- Assist staff in securing, analyzing and interpreting data for promoting instructional improvement and student learning.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Participation in Reading Corps training as required by Minnesota Reading Corps
- Technical supervision and coaching support of Reading Corps Volunteers as defined by MN Reading Corps
- Serve as the main point of contact related to the literacy implementation of the Reading Corps model.
- CURRENT MINNESOTA LICENSE REQUIRED.
- Minnesota teaching license that meets requirements for instruction
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
- Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Belief that all students can succeed with the appropriate support
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is the second largest employer in Rochester, Minnesota with approximately 2,800 employees. Of those employees, approximately 1,400 are teachers and 650 are paraprofessionals.
Rochester has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 18,100 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties.
The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted “The Best Place to Live in America” by Money magazine.
Rochester is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world. .
Please visit this link to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.
- Teacher Salary Schedule 2018-2019.pdf