As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This position is responsible for: planning, designing, developing, and conducting training and educational programs for Nemours Associates. This position will provide instructional design expertise for the development and support of learning modules delivered in a variety of formats including in-class instruction and on-line delivery. This position will perform all facets of instructional design; including performance and training needs analyses, design and development of educational modules, and evaluation of new and existing resources. This position will consult with departments about training needs and strategies, providing recommendations for appropriate delivery method(s) of education and acting as a subject matter expert, as required, to Nemours Health Informatics analysts and electronic medical record end users. This is a part-time, temporary position.
This person in this position will demonstrate excellent customer service that promotes patient, staff, and customer satisfaction and reflects the Mission, Vision and Values of Nemours. Technical skills required for this position include expertise in software for online course development and proficient knowledge of software for desktop and web publishing. Epic experience is required for this position.
Additional skills needed to successfully perform in this position are the abilities to collaborate with subject matter experts, consult with clients about their options, manage resources prudently, handle problems in a calm responsive manner, and learn quickly and independently. This person in this position must work collaboratively, be detail-oriented, organized, and an excellent communicator – verbally, written, and interpersonal. The person in this position must be a life-long learner, who seeks increased job knowledge through independent study and formal education with a willingness to perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Deliver instruction to individuals and groups in a variety of formats.
- Perform all facets of instructional design process—analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintain records of instructional development and training activities e.g., assessment grades, evaluations, metrics, templates, tracking systems, and file archival.
- Support and respond to questions regarding learning systems and tools, such as the LMS, and other application-specific issues.
- Participate as SME and primary writer in projects for software applications, such as Epic, Lawson, etc.
- Format and publish materials for print and web delivery.
- Create original graphics and visual resources.
- Deliver synchronous web-events.
- Develop interactive resources using Captivate, Lectora, Snagit, Camtasia, Storyline and other appropriate technologies.
- Attend assigned meetings and disseminate information to all stakeholders.
This is a temporary position, lasting 4 to 6 months.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.