ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems, Pedestrian Door Solutions is considering candidates for the Installation Technician role in the Middlesex County, New Jersey area.
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems is a leading supplier of entrance automation solutions for efficient flow of goods and people. With global product brands such as Besam, Crawford, Megadoor and Albany, we offer complete pedestrian, industrial and high-performance door solutions. We provide a wide number of products and services to a global clientele in more than 100countries. ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems is a division within ASSA ABLOY.
This is an opportunity for a service-minded professional to work, learn and grow with a team of dedicated professional technicians whom serve the greater Middlesex County, New Jersey area in door automation service to our customers. Install automatic and manual door equipment, storefront framing, miscellaneous break metal coverage, and tie into electrical power supplied as necessary. Install and assist in the installation of revolver doors as needed.
- Perform service and installation in accordance with manufacturers recommended installation procedures and specifications.
- Document time spent and complete proper documentation detailing any problems, shortages and inefficiencies in jobsite conditions.
- Maintain proper truck stock and inventory.
- Maintain company vehicle both in appearance and per vehicle maintenance agreement.
- Maintain clean, neat personal appearance in accordance to company policy.
- Label equipment and completed door assignments with approved company logo decals.
- Maintain accurate time sheet detailing job numbers and travel time.
- Interface with customer, end-user and general contractor in a courteous professional manner at all times.
- Participate in training programs offered and remain AAADM certified.
- Perform all work in a safe manner for prevention of accidents to themselves, co-workers, contractors on-site and the general public and property of all concerned.
- Wear and maintain any/all Personal Protection Equipment when necessary.
- Assist in any/all inventories as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: 3-5 years’ experience of direct industry, store front door installation or relevant industry experience, Storefront, Glazing, Doors, Aluminum Frames, Electrical, Glass, Automatic Doors, Hardware etc. Candidate minimum requirements must possess a strong ability in electro-mechanical aptitude. Be able to work cooperatively and communicate both written and orally. Also, the physical ability to lift up to 100 pounds, work on knees constantly, work while on ladders, work safely with power tools and ladders.
AAES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
PPE will be provided upon hire.
- On the road
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place