The Lodge at Duke Medical Center is now seeking a Inspector/Inspectress to join our Housekeeping Team. This is a full time AM position, requiring the successful candidate to work from 8am – 4pm and varying days each week.
Responsibilities: Assures that all hotel rooms are thoroughly cleaned and stocked to maintain the highest standard of guest satisfaction
- Reports to work dressed in proper attire and on time following proper clock in/out procedure as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Acquires the daily housekeeping report, fills out daily worksheets for each floor and makes out assignments as requested by the Executive Housekeeper. Checks with the Front Desk for any changes on the housekeeping report.
- Distributes and collects keys to staff making sure proper procedures are followed in documentation for key control. Makes sure all Room Attendants have sixteen rooms and what they need for the day and discuss the day’s priorities.
- Checks and inspects all vacant rooms, dirty rooms and cleaned rooms. Checks and inspects stay-over rooms if possible. Follows-up on all problems.
- Thoroughly cleans room as necessary. Ensures that rooms are put back in order and that rooms assigned for deep cleaning are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Reviews all housekeeping assignments for completion at the end of the shift and follows up on problems. Codes in all ready rooms. Follows up on all “Do Not Disturb” notices by 2:00pm. Notifies all Room Attendants of VIP rooms, blocked rooms and early make-ups. Checks for cleanliness and appearance of assigned rooms, floor linen closets, fire stairwells connecting the floors, and the elevators on the floors on a daily basis.
- Completes housekeeping daily reports including two daily room inspection sheets per room attendant per assigned area.
- Inspects every VIP room thoroughly.
- Reports maintenance problems to Engineering on proper form as well as coordinates special projects. Follows up each Monday on all work orders, excluding all guest related problems.
- Reports damage or theft of room items to the Executive Housekeeper or Manager on Duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
This Job Description is an overview of daily responsibilities you are required to perform. Management has the right to add or delete responsibilities as they occur.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending, lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to calculate the room assignments daily and keep track of Room Attendants time.
Language Skills: Must have developed English language skills to the point to be able to professionally converse with guests and communicate with employees.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordination with regards to basic knowledge of the Maestro operating system, forms and reports dealing with the Housekeeping Department.
People: Supervising all Housekeeping staff. Determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties to them while maintaining harmonious relations among
them and promoting efficiency.
Things: Handling all laundry equipment, vacuums, and chemicals used in the Housekeeping Department.
Specific Vocational Preparation: N/A
To do this job you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired: N/A
To do this job you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience:
Previous experience as a room attendant required.
NOTE: This hotel operates seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day and that holidays such as Christmas, New Years, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July or any other holidays are normal working days. Business levels will determine the amount of hours you work. Understand that you may be asked to work in other departments in a related position as required. Management retains the discretion to add and/or change the duties of this position at any time.