The Post-Acute Sales Representative role is a position within Cardinal Health’s Inside Sales organization based in Mansfield, MA. This position is entry level non-traditional inside sales role. The sales representative is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by advancing the Medical segment product portfolio, utilizing remote solution-based concept-selling skills to the US Non-Acute marketplace. This team sells a variety of products including Medical Devices such as Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, Nutritional Delivery Pumps as well as disposable equipment such as Incontinence to the Long-Term Care Market. This role collaborates with the Field Sales Team, Strategic Accounts Team, and various marketing groups to accelerate growth and ensure an overall positive customer experience.
- Complete remote solution-based concept training to include assessment of knowledge to ensure retention and ability to apply methodologies.
- Engage with a peer mentor during the 1st year in role
- Develop and utilize selling strategies and technologies to meet or exceed business expectations for assigned territory by creating an actionable SMART Territory Sales Plan executed to create, manage and close opportunities
- Meet or exceed required selling activity metrics set by sales leadership
- Utilize digital technology platforms and data to analyze territory and effectively target accounts
- Effectively manage sales pipeline via CRM platform
- Master features, benefits and value of assigned product portfolio and present these to clinical and economic call points utilizing situational sales methodology
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate Cardinal Health’s Medical segment’s product offerings
- Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution. Maintain active presence at top accounts.
- In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use both in-person and remote through web-based technologies
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry/competitive landscape including, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and tradeshows as directed
- Some overnight travel required for attendance of regional and divisional events including customer meetings and presentations, customer education, training meetings, and national sales meetings
- Complete all required administrative tasks including expense management, new business forms, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Previous documented medical sales experience or course work aligned to marketing or sales preferred
- Sales internships or sales competitions a plus
- Self-starter who is passionate about sales
- Aspiration to be in Medical sales
- Strong presentation skills, effective communication
- Collaborative worker
- Highly engaged
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of the medical supplies/device business and healthcare environment
- Strong past achievement record including quota attainment and exceeding sales objectives
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, extreme attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to successfully engage and interact with customers
- Proficiency in digital applications and remote selling technologies (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com.)
- Adept at listening and articulating in both oral and written communication
- Excellence in process management and organizational agility
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.