The Building Material Inside Salesperson (City Desk Sales) is critical to the overall success of Shaw/Stewart’s Sales Team. This individual will create, foster and sustain valuable relationships with our customers, vendors and team members.
The City Desk Salesperson will be responsible for prospecting clients, estimating material takeoffs, providing quotes and selling and processing orders for building materials received via phone or in person. The successful salesperson will be comfortable making and receiving multiple calls per day and prospecting.
- Achieve sales and gross margin budgets
- Develop and execute business plan
- Develop new business
- Execute company sales process
- Relationship management
THIS IS YOU
The successful City Desk Salesperson is a competitive, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. High detail and efficiency in personal organization and time management are pivotal characteristics. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key.
- Prospecting experience
- High school diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft and in basic computer skills
- Customer service experience
- General building material experience/knowledge
- Sales experience
Founded on a commitment to building lasting and trusting relationships with customers, Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. (Shaw/Stewart) delivers by responding to customer needs and providing creative custom solutions. For more than 130 years, Shaw/Stewart has served the Twin Cities’ luxury homebuilders, remodelers and commercial general contractors.
THE SHAW/STEWART LUMBER CO. WAY
Value to Employees: Shaw/Stewart offers employees opportunity to drive their careers in a results-oriented environment. As an employer who values relationships over transactions, Shaw/Stewart employees can expect transparency, integrity and loyalty.
Company Culture: As a respected and well-known industry leader, Shaw/Stewart focuses heavily on providing quality products and exceptional service to customers. It’s evident in Shaw/Stewart’s focus on continuous improvement in day-to-day activities and company core values:
- Integrity – Do the right thing, even when it’s not popular.
- Exceedingly High Standards -Take pride in our work knowing it’s a reflection of us.
- Be a Champion – Be confident, positive, and humble.
- Customers for Life -The lifetime value of the customer is our priority.
- Ownership – Take full responsibility for the outcomes of our actions
Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.