The inside sales representative serves as first point of contact to all partnering contractors utilizing Plumbing, HVAC or Fire services provided by NP Mechanical. This role primarily focus’ on providing high quality and on time customer service to all incoming inquiries as they relate to New or ongoing projects. Additionally, the inside sales representative is responsible for processing new requests or changes on all awarded projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the department manager, the Inside sales representative will coordinate and facilitate project related tasks between departments, field labor, builders and partnering subcontractors, including but not limited to the following:
· Gathers project specifications from various contributing departments and/or builders
· Initial project setup and maintenance in corresponding database: Medallion
· Official company representative and liaison between Builders and Subcontractors
· Ensures recording accuracy of project specifications through resource utilization, including departmental resources such as: working with Estimators, Sales, Field Superintendents, Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Etc
· Requires maintaining accurate project documentation of all work performed.
o Responsible for processing change orders as instructed by contract guidelines and coordinating work execution through the field through builder’s specific requirements and guidelines.
o Provides pricing and coordinates processing for requested on standard/non-standard options on new home development through builder’s specific requirements and guidelines.
· Establishes partnerships and ongoing communication with builder (customer) representatives on various project related matters, such as new project inquiries, follow up on requested orders or options, and general inquiries while documenting notes in the system for follow up and reference
· Distributes project details and specifications to other departments during various phases of a project as needed
· Communicates frequently with Field Superintendents to provide ongoing updates on all aspects of an assigned project to ensure accurate and timely installation
· Coordinates timely receipt of all billing related documents related to contracted projects, such as but not limited to: Purchase orders, Applications for payment, contract addendums and/or exhibits , to ensure resource availability for AR (finance)
· Participates in various operations meetings
· Generates various reports
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and 3+ years (minimum) office experience
Construction industry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong organizational and detail oriented skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong worth ethic and have loyalty and integrity
Computer literate with proficiency with Microsoft Office and related spreadsheets and data base software.
Capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
Team Player and able to work well under pressure
Must be able to deal effectively with builder representatives, field staff and other departments.
Possess excellent customer service skills
Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
Requires the ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day in office.
Requires sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and receiving/returning phone calls.
Requires standing for filing, scanning and copying.
Finger dexterity to operate computer keyboards and calculator.
These duties and responsibilities and reporting arrangements may be changed by the Employer in its sole discretion.
Job Type: Full-time
- Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift