SAIC is looking for an Information Technology Technician to support the development, evaluation, and testing of munition systems for the United States Air Force located in Eglin AFB.
Specifically, it involves the monitoring of computer processing systems, installing and testing software, performing tests and scheduling maintenance on systems to support Weapon Open Systems Architecture (WOSA) efforts.
The successful applicant will work with senior personnel to become familiar with the electronic equipment, fabricate custom cables for specific interfaces, and prepare assets for testing.
The applicant will be expected to document processes, procedures, and test results, and report these to their program supervisor.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of related experience (A.A. required)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
- 0-2 years’ experience in Programming using one or more of the following: C++, SQL, MATLAB and Simulink, Python
- Practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Able to work with senior management level
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability