Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform typical laser cutting and welding operations.
- Select proper cutting and welding programs.
- Establish proper set-ups for cutting and welding operations.
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required.
- Select appropriate type of sheet metal.
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
- Measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets.
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
- Drill holes in metal for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Fasten seams or joints by welding, bolting, riveting, or soldering.
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, and presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on material.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Adheres to all safety standards and advocates safe work practices to coworkers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Metal fabrication, welding, or assembly experience preferred.
- One year of experience operating lasers preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time during a regular work day
- Must be able to use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders
- Must be able to work while in stooped, kneeling, or crouched position.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to pull pallet jack weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Will work in manufacturing environment that includes exposure to dirt, heat, noise, odors, vibration, dust, cold, and fumes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.