As an Industrial Painter you will apply primer and topcoat paint to metal structures using various types of paint application equipment to deliver a quality product to our customers. Must work in accordance with safety standards to ensure all local, state and federal regulatory agencies requirements are met, OSHA 1910, NFPA, DNR. Must ensure all quality standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sand and prepare surfaces
- Repair any imperfections
- Inspect parts scheduled to be painted
- Clean and wipe down parts
- Mix paints and primers to exact specifications
- Maintain painting equipment to ensure proper performance
- Clean paint booth with solvents
- Identify safe handling and appropriate disposal of materials
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum six months experience in solvent based painting, water based, low VOC painting, or dry powder coating
- Regular, predictable and reliable attendance
- Requiring hours of service that would average at least 40 hours of service per week (full time) with possible overtime
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Globally Harmonized System (GHS) labels, Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Ability to work with computers and software systems, must wear all personal protective equipment PPE
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, stooping, twist, reach, reach overhead
- Must be able to lift 0-20lbs. frequently and 21-30 lbs. occasionally
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- One-year experience in solvent based painting, water based, low VOC painting, or dry powder coating
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Attention to Detail —Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others
Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
Multi-limb Coordination — The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Static Strength — The ability to exert maximum force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
Trunk Strength — The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support parts of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing.
Visual Color Discrimination — The ability to match or detect differences between colors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place