Operations Optimization – Data Analytics – Solutions Presentations – Project Deployment
2-4 Years Experience in FlexSim or Simio Required
- Utilize Lean techniques and analytical tools to lead the design and implementation of innovative improvements.
Perform observations and provide Process Flow analytics that will clearly define the problem and the solution.
- Must be able to demonstrate solutions and savings through presentations by utilizing 3D warehouse simulation tools.
- Develop ROI’s to justify new cost reducing initiatives and defend integrity of solutions.
Collaborate with Logistics Center management and/or other departments to ensure well thought out solutions can be implemented and sustained
- Create and maintain project planning controls and updates at both macro and micro levels (SmartSheets-Tableau Dashboards).
Develop, implement, and present various technical reports and KPI tracking to support new product technology.
- Create presentations (verbal and written) to external customer leadership to sell ideas, propose and report on projects.
Assist the sales force with presentations of innovations to our customers.
- Offer facility layout and design (AutoCAD), as well as modification of existing space.
Support new business initiatives and start-up facilities – integrating TES innovative solutions.
- Be accountable to project plan dates to set team priorities, deliver on project milestones, prepare for contingencies and find solutions to technical barriers and obstacles.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision
- Champion innovative and radically different approaches to ensure DSC remains an innovative leader in the market
- Serve as technical interface with marketing/innovation team
- Provide project/process leadership to team problem solving, identifying new project opportunities and guiding the development of the initiatives through engineering, research, and prototyping.
- Keep abreast of evolving technologies that will impact our business and communicate the across functional teams.
- Research new vendors to provide solutions. Cultivate vendor relationships to ensure low cost/high value to DSC and customer.
- Regular travel to logistics centers required (20-40% based on project activity) Monday-Thursday
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- 1-3 years of industrial engineering experience, project deployment or equivalent job experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs
- Strong computer literacy, including familiarity with 3D Simulation (SIMIO, FLEXSIM), AUTOCAD, Microsoft Office, Smartsheets/Microsoft Project or similar, SQL, Data mining and analysis. Experience with labor management systems a plus
- Automation deployment experience in warehouse and distribution environments a plus. Robotics, VGV, Autonomous Robots a plus
- Demonstrated skills in using data to analyze root causes to resolve problems
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to translate technical findings across functions with varying levels of technical expertise
- Prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects of moderate to high complexity with minimal oversite. Effectively manage transitions from project to project
- Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Develop and lead employees on project work, to help clients and Logistics Center management achieve sustainable results
- Act as liaison between Engineering, Vendors and Logistics Center management. Use win-win approach to resolve differing views.