All players must submit a Free Agent Form at kansaskapitals.com
- Prepare for games through practices, drills, film study and other sessions as directed by team
- Study and learn playbook, formations and terminology for plays and offensive, defensive and specialized schemes
- Execute plays or defense as instructed or taught by coaches
- Perform techniques or functions consistent with position, such as quarterback, placekicker, linebacker, receiver
- Participate in off-season strength and conditioning, mini-camps and other organized team activities
- Maintain proper diet and fitness
- Observe league rules on personal conduct, including, but not limited to, domestic violence, theft, substance abuse, fraud, disorderly conduct, use of performance-enhancing drugs
- Participate in media interviews
Athleticism. Depending on the position or play, a Kapitals player must be able to leap, jump, stretch arms or legs, spin and throw. Athletic skills also include speed, strength and the ability to squat and lift.
Decision-making. Offensive and defensive formations, or changes in them, and the quick pace of action often call for quick, split-second decisions. Quarterbacks may need to audible, or change plays, based on looks by the defense and call plays with diminishing time on the play or game clock.
Discipline. Unfocused or thoughtless actions, such as late hits, taunting, and false starts destroy good field position and momentum. Being disciplined also means sacrificing personal preferences for team goals, listening to coaches and avoiding reckless, criminal or improper conduct both on and off the field.
Endurance. Kapitals players must exhibit stamina during the games as a whole and, especially for defensive players, during long offensive drives. Players may have their endurance tested especially in hot or humid conditions.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $6,000.00 to $20,000.00 /year