Founded in 1928 and based in Pawtucket, Pawtucket Credit Union (PCU) is a growing, member-focused organization serving over 120,000 members. Today, PCU has 17 branches throughout RI, including Bristol, Cranston (2), Cumberland, East Greenwich, East Providence (2), North Kingstown, North Providence, Pawtucket (4), Smithfield, Wakefield, and Warwick (2), along with a loan production office in Foxboro, MA.
We are committed to helping members achieve their financial goals. Pawtucket Credit Union is committed to providing the best in products, services, rates and changes in technology for our members convenience and security providing "The smarter way to bank." We are focused on simply being the best overall community financial institution in the markets we serve!
Title: Indirect Lending Manager
Job Category: Full-Time, Exempt
Assist with managing the day-to-day operations of the Indirect Lending Department and ensure compliance and efficiency throughout. Monitor the daily activities of the Indirect Lending Department, for accuracy, efficiency, compliance, and timely processing.
- Coordinate the daily operations of the Indirect Lending Department by allocating and coordinating workflow and work schedules based on priorities at hand, direct employees in the more complex phases of work, monitor all for accuracy and efficiency, train new employees and cross-train existing staff as applicable, direct staff personnel issues such as attendance, vacation, performance evaluations and compliance with credit union policies and procedures. Always ensure enough staff coverage within the department.
- Responsible for the thorough and timely underwriting and decisioning of all indirect consumer loans.
- Coordinate the prompt communication of all indirect consumer loan decisions back to the appropriate dealerships.
- Ensure the thorough and timely quality control of all indirect consumer loan funding packages.
- Monitor the prompt and accurate funding of dealerships.
- Ensure the prompt and accurate upload of all indirect consumer loans from the consumer loan origination software to the core data processing system.
- Maintain compliance with and monitor the Indirect Lending staff compliance with PCU's Bank Secrecy Act/Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Policy and related procedures, Member Identification Program, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) screening and record keeping requirements.
- Develop and administer annual compliance training schedules which are to be adhered to by all staff members monthly.
- Always ensure a professional and cohesive relationship between the Indirect Lending Department and dealership personnel.
- Assist the AVP with daily, weekly, monthly monitoring reports, as well as the monthly payout of commissions/reserves.
- Assist the Dealer Relationship Managers as needed.
- Assist dealerships as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university in a business-related field required.
- At least 3 years demonstrated successful experience in the indirect consumer lending function. At least 7 years of significant managerial experience of a lending department and staff.
- Capable of dealing professionally, effectively, courteously, yet firmly with members, dealing with difficult situations.
- Computer software proficiency to include MS Office and assorted banking software and internet research skills required.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data and information, draw logical conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Effective presentation skills. Must possess strong quantitative skills.
- Must have well-developed analytical skills, excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with time management/organizational/multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient understanding of PC's, software systems, and office equipment.
- Ability to maintain a positive and upbeat Credit Union image.
- Ability to handle confidential information securely.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels and functions of PCU to coordinate solutions.
- Ability to effectively balance policies, procedures and administrative requirements of the Credit Union.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member.
- Bi-lingual preferred.