You are applying for an opening at our PARAGOULD PLANT located at 2211 N. 12th Avenue.
Start at $13 per hour with a raise to $13.50 per hour after 30 days. Regular reviews for raises every 4 months. Direct hire with excellent benefits. We have both 12-hour shifts and 8-hour shift. On the 12-hour shifts you work 4 shifts one week, followed by 3 shifts the next week. All hours over 40 in a work week are paid at 1.5 times. Both day and night shifts are available on the 12-hour shifts. On the 8-hour shifts you work days, evenings or nights on a Monday thru Friday schedule and all hours over 40 in a work week are paid at 1.5 times. Opportunity for advancement and training.
*** This is a Safety Sensitive Position under the Medicinal Marijuana Provisions of the State of Arkansas.***
To perform the packer duties and requirements in a safe, organized, and efficient manner while delighting customers with quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure product packaging requirements according to work instructions, specification sheet, and/or quality docket before packing product.
2. Ensure quality checks of product before being packaged.
3. Put product that meets specifications in box or gaylord.
4. Tape, label, and stack boxes on pallets for material handler pickup.
5. Housekeeping of packing station and line area.
6. Maintain all safety policies and guide lines.
7. Follow all Good Manufacturing Policies.
8. Assist operator whenever needed in start up or shut down of the line.
9. Must be able to keep up with fast pace machines in order to meet productivity goals.
10. Must communicate with operators and leaders.
11. Must maintain good attendance and dependability.
12. Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
13. Other duties as assigned by group leader, supervisor, or manager of division.
Possess good communication skills
Must be detail oriented
Ability to differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code)
Must possess good problem solving and decision-making skills
Must be quality minded
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
Must be safety-oriented
Able to work in a fast paced environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Working knowledge of part defects and what to look for.
2. Must be honest, fair, and possess good work ethic.
3. Be able to lift 50 lbs. above head.
4. Be able to stand in one spot for long periods of time with intermittent breaks.
5. Must be able to make quick decisions on whether to pack quality parts or reject those that do not meet standards.
6. Must be able to maintain speed on all production/packaging lines and perform essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and training with Work Keys Career Readiness Certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and work instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
Minimal computer skills required. Need ability to access documents located on an in-house computer system.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job:
1. The employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
3. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
4. Extreme heat (non-weather).
5. Risk of static shock and vibration.
6. Exposure to high heat index during the summer months.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Loud work environment due to grinders and trim
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job:
1. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
2. The employee is on occasion required to talk or hear, and smell.
3. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes:
a. Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
b. Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
c. Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
d. Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
5. Fast paced packing at a packer table.