Leads and promotes the operations of the imaging center or department where team members work as a team to provide quality patient care and strive for excellence. Oversees budget and financial performance of the center/department. Must be a CT or MRI Technologist
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands and complies with all facets of employment law.
- Hires qualified team members following approved protocols and follows compensation guidelines.
- Maintains a minimum level of team member turnover.
- Sets clear and specific expectations/objectives for team members and the department.
- Monitors and documents performance during performance periods.
- Ensures that all performance reviews are completed, conducted and turned in on time.
- Recognizes and provides coaching, counseling, and discipline as appropriate.
- Keeps all team members informed regarding internal issues and external developments.
- Provides team members with support and motivation.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; demonstrates ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Promotes flexibility in staff utilization across teams and departments.
- Delegates work appropriately and follows through to ensure optimal results.
- Provides team members development opportunities as appropriate.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations, RadNet practices and generally accepted safety protocols.
- Displays willingness and ability to make tough decisions.
- Demonstrates sound judgment.
- Integrates changes smoothly.
- Responds professionally under pressure.
- Actively promotes the practice and RadNet in all interactions with team members and outside vendors.
- Recommends and seeks out new business opportunities.
- Develops strategies to achieve individual and business unit goals.
- Advocates change to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assists in preparing operating budgets and effectively analyzes performance against those budgets.
- Oversees the overall financial performance of the center/department.
- Performs technologist duties to maintain technical skills and to alleviate staffing shortages (as applicable).
- Performs marketing responsibilities (as applicable).
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Familiarity with and ability to use selected equipment (as applicable).
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve department and organizational objectives.
- Ability to share information effectively and provide appropriate direction to team members.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to team members.
- Knowledge of state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of developing budgets.
- General computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by a four-year degree in business or a related field and/or equivalent experience. If applicable, successful completion of an accredited radiology program; ARRT eligible; state licensure; and training and/or certification in the modality in which the team member specializes.
RadNet is an equal employment opportunity employer and treats all applicants and employees in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender-identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran/military status, qualified disabled veteran, marital/ domestic partnership status, religious creed, medical condition, sexual orientation, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RadNet does participate in E-I9 verify.