To maintain the instrumentation and control systems of a 3 unit combined cycle natural gas fired power plant to meet the specific energy generation requirements of the Luminant system in a safe, reliable, efficient, and environmentally sound manner.
- Analyzes and repairs boiler and turbine control system problems during both normal and emergency periods to restore the systems to a safe and efficient operational condition.
- Tunes and calibrates boiler controls to ensure safe and optimum boiler performance.
- Calibrates turbine controls and turbine valves for safe and optimum turbine performance.
- Maintains and calibrates all plant instrumentation to provide reliable operational information to operations and support personnel.
- Documents and maintains records of instrumentation and control history.
- Recommends adequate spare parts inventory to minimize equipment downtime.
- Maintains data acquisition systems and their inputs to ensure reliable information to production and support personnel.
- Maintains the Data Acquisition database. Adds, deletes or changes inputs/outputs, builds calculated points, builds logs, and writes applicable software programs.
- Runs computer diagnostic programs. Analyzes and repairs the computer to restore computer functions to production and support personnel in a timely manner.
- Works with vendor personnel during equipment checkout and repair in power plants and vendor facilities, as necessary.
- Maintains the boiler control system to ensure safe, reliable boiler operation.
- Serves on subcommittees to provide recommendations on improving processes, equipment, and direction of instrumentation and controls in power plants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Additional training such as trade/technical school, military service, college graduate and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in related field.
- Candidates must successfully complete POSS/MASS exam for consideration
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All onsite plant employees are required to wear masks.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- instrumentation and control: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply