We are looking for an experienced electrified powertrain systems engineer to be a part of the hybrid electric team. Responsibilities include CAE modeling of the electrified powertrain system for fuel economy/consumption, performance feel and assessing hardware alternatives. You will be exposed to all aspects of Ford’s propulsion business (ICE, xHEV and BEV) and have the opportunity to work on our latest Ford, Lincoln and Performance products to deliver bulletproof quality, performance and economy. Understanding of hybrid system architectures, systemic thinking, intense customer focus, emotional intelligence and solid written and oral communication skills are required.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and delivering high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. Ford is a global leader in the area of vehicle electrification. The Electrified Powertrain Engineering (EPE) organization’s vision is to anticipate and innovate smart electrified powertrains and features that deliver exciting and rewarding consumer experiences resulting in a profitable xEV business for a smart world.
- Develop new process and CAE tools to support analysis and decision making of electrified powertrains.
- Conduct analysis for fuel economy/consumption and performance feel studies in support of program milestones and assessing hardware alternatives.
- Prepare CAE results into presentation format for management review with summary and conclusions.
- Collaborate with interfacing engineering activities to deliver system compatibility and sizing, vehicle level fuel economy, and performance feel for battery electric, full and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles globally.
- Contribute to the definition of electrified powertrain content (electric motors, high voltage battery, engine, trans, etc.)
- Support hardware assumptions development and ensure content is compatible with features and attributes.
- Work directly with key partners in product development to ensure alignment with assessments in support of milestone and signoff reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related degree
- 4+ years of experience in CAE modeling of electrified powertrain systems with a proven track record of delivering project specific deliverables including direct experience with how electrified powertrain systems operate and how batteries, electric motors, and engines mapping data is translated into CAE modeling
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related degree
- Understanding of vehicle level energy consumption and energy flows/paths that influence fuel consumption and electric only driving range
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.