What you will do
Are you looking to increase your HVAC knowledge and learn firsthand from some of the top HVAC teams? Our team will give you this opportunity, in addition we provide factory certification through our Service Technical Academy (STA) with milestone recognition and monetary rewards and advancement, increased incentive opportunity for executed pull-through work, top of the line technology, equipment and uniforms and a #1 focus on employee safety. We will equip you with tools and a vehicle to perform your job at the highest standard.
How you will do it
- Apprentices shall perform all pneumatic control systems and mechanical equipment service and all other work coming under the labor agreement assigned by the Employer, limited only by their capabilities as determined by the Employer, at the respective apprentice rate of pay, and shall perform all assigned work under the direction of the Employer.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems.
- Responds to basic warranty calls. Keeps JCI, contractors, and the customer informed of job progress and issues as needed.
- This is a Bargaining Union Position
What we look for
- The role is based in the Baltimore MD area (specifically, Northern MD).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with HVAC equipment commercial or residential.
- Ability to perform general building maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to supplement on-the-job training with training provided through the apprenticeship program
- Ability to commit to required Union training, which is every other Saturday for eight hours during the first year.
- Ability to be on-call as required.
- EPA Refrigeration certification a plus
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Job Field Operations
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions