Foreman – HVAC Sheet Metal
Bay Mechanical is seeking a skilled HVAC Sheet Metal Foreman with demonstrated success leading teams in new construction and/or renovations of commercial buildings, schools, industrial facilities, hospitals, etc. This individual must have clear knowledge and understanding of all heating, ventilation and AC requirements and operations.
- Oversee, schedule and arrange crew work on a daily basis, cooperating with other team members as necessary to meet project timelines.
- Review all project activities and site work every day to make sure everything is performed to company standards as well as to the latest OSHA regulations and standards.
- Delegate jobs to crew members as determined by their capabilities and the general requirements of specific work projects and site parameters.
- Meet with other managers/supervisors and necessary personnel as required in order to fully resolve conflicts, complications and other issues according to company and client standards/requirements.
- Maintain daily log of all jobsite activities.
- Attend weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate project work.
- Train new crew members and provide workers with continuing education according to the latest industry requirements in order that all work meets the most current specifications.
- Ensure that the jobsite is always kept clean and organized.
- Perform foreman duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Must be able to pass background checks and work on government projects and facilities.
- Five years or more experience in supervisory/foreman position.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to work in high-stress conditions and quickly changing environments.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards, as well as city inspection requirements.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general computer software.
- Professional communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
Benefits Available Health Insurance, 401K Plan, Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place