We are looking for an HVAC Service Technician to join our team! You will serve as Dandelion’s first line of defense to improve quality, customer satisfaction and installation productivity. You will also be responsible for field activities related to the installation, service, repair and maintenance of geothermal heat pump systems installed by Dandelion and their installation partners. In this role, you will be joining a fast growing team looking bring scale to the geothermal heat pump industry.
- Heat pump quality assurance testing: ensure that heat pump shipments are defect free and perform according to Dandelion’s system specifications.
- Work with the service team to develop standard test procedures and documentation methods.
- Field service: perform on-site diagnostics, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Service and repair installed system fleet, to include refrigeration systems, pump/circulator service and replacement, electrical work (both high and low voltage), plumbing (HDPE, PEX, copper), etc.
- Installation support: provide field and phone support for installation crews to troubleshoot installations, improve installation quality
- Communication: provide on-the-ground insight to the Dandelion engineering team to help build better software and heat pumps
- Schedule: normal business hours with flexibility to be on-call and available nights/weekends, as required
- Two year Degree in HVAC or refrigeration or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3+ Years hands on residential HVAC experience, preferably as a service technician
- Technical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
- EPA Universal Certification
- Electrical and mechanical diagnostic skills
- Excellent communicator with exemplary customer service skills
- Experience with geothermal ground heat exchanger installation a plus
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day – not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.