GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
This is great job for a self-starter go-getter type of mechanic.
The job is a unique opportunity to work for a thriving company with a lot of room to grow and build your own team. Please read this description thoroughly before you apply for the job.
We are looking for crew / department lead HVAC mechanic with deep knowledge of chillers. Our buildings include, roof top cooling towers, Mitsubishi in ceiling units and various other HVAC systems. Some old. Some new. In one of our properties we have a Multistack Chiller and this for this position you will need to have experience in The Multistack chillers system or prove knowledge of similar transferrable system.
You will have the opportunity to build a team around you to support our operation. You will be reporting to the Executive Corporate Director of Engineering and Facilities.
Our buildings are located in the following areas: Boston, Cambridge, Martha’s Vineyard and New Hampshire and you will be required to travel to these locations and will be expected to stay for multi-day work.
In addition to performing routine installations, maintenance testing, calibrations, and repairing refrigeration systems, heating systems, air conditioning systems, related piping systems, and equipment repairs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Installs, maintains, tests and calibrates and makes repairs to refrigeration systems, heating systems, air conditioning systems, related piping systems and all related equipment.
Makes necessary adjustments and calibrations on pneumatic electric and electronic (DDC) control for HVAC systems.
Responds to all emergency situations as appropriate.
Reads and interprets blueprints (HVAC drawings) for various information such as pneumatic control and settings and locations.
Prepares material listing as required for work order requests and other routinely assigned tasks.
Responsibilities may involve participating in planning activity at departmental level or assisting in the development of solutions to specific problems.
Maintains a safe and clean work environment in areas of Engineering Department responsibility (areas as assigned).
Communicates with other employees and management on necessary information regarding mechanical systems including duct, pipe, controls and ventilating systems.
Maintains appropriate records of testing and/or assigned tasks.
Performs brazing and soldering on piping systems.
Installs pre-fabricated sheet metal duct work for HVAC systems.
Performs testing, balancing and adjustments for air distribution systems.
Maintain records of all HVAC equipment.
Prepare daily work schedules and assigns tasks to licensed and unlicensed HVAC, Technicians, ensuring efficient utilization of work hours and individual skills.
Performs the duties and responsibilities for the supervisor in his absence.
Meets with representative of requester department to assess and prepare estimates for construction, renovation, and/or modernization type projects.
Functions as lead worker in multiple person project crews. As such, assumes, responsibility for team member task assignment, work quality and timely completion of project.
May be required to be on-call.
When necessary. May be required to work weekends.
Required to perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations at a level generally acquired through a high school education.
2. Three years of formal HVAC/refrigeration apprenticeship training required.
3. Licenser in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
4. Requires at least three to five years experience as a licensed HVAC technician.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Requires interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively and to cooperate with staff throughout the organization. Must be able to clearly explain HVAC/Refrigeration issues to other personnel.
2. Required the ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and equipment specifications.
3. Requires analytical skills to evaluate HVAC/Refrigeration systems and to develop appropriate solutions to problems.
4. Requires physical ability to lift over 40 lbs. (less than 45% of the time).
5. Requires technical knowledge of installation and repair of refrigeration equipment and knowledge of testing and calibrating systems.
6. Requires knowledge or related supplies and equipment.
7. Requires the ability to work independently. Refers to supervisory staff for clarification or exception to established policies and procedures.
8. Must Have Valid Drivers License.
9. Must have Clean Driving Record.
10. Must be able clear a background check.
1. May occasionally (less than 20% of the time) get involved in a dirty and hazardous environment in the performance of duties.
2. May be required to work in a confined space or in a containment booth.
3. May be required to wear a respirator.
About Upland Capital Corp:
Upland Capital Corporation is a privately held real estate and hospitality investment and asset management firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. Established by Chairman Bernard Chiu to acquire and hold quality properties in exceptional locations, Upland Capital owns and manages office, retail, housing, and hospitality assets in key locations throughout the New England area.