Are you looking for more than “just a job” and are ready to launch your career? Are you ready for a change? Come work at a company where you can make a difference, advance in your career, receive great benefits, and have fun doing it! Frederick Air is currently seeking a Lead Installer.
At Frederick Air we are a growth-oriented career focused company. We have been serving the Frederick area for over 25 years. We are committed to our employees and customers satisfaction. We are looking for good people to perform exceptional work. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Job Title: Lead Installer
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
Overtime is common during high call volume seasons.
The Lead Installer works closely with the both Helpers and Managers to complete daily tasks and reports directly to the Installation Manager with any issues that may hinder job performance while performing Principle Duties and Responsibilities listed below.
- The Lead Installer will provide knowledge, training, and guidance to HVAC Install Helpers to enable them to develop the right skills to be able to perform HVAC installation jobs effectively.
- The role of the Lead Installer also involves designing, fabricating, and installing a wide range of duct fittings and duct work that are required, as well as wiring both indoor and outdoor units.
- They will be responsible for ensuring that the necessary paperwork is accurately, neatly, timely, and thoroughly completed.
- The Lead Installer is also expected to carry out the start-ups.
- The Lead Installer work description also entails delivery of consistent excellent customer service that ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To be effective on the job, the installer must adhere to standard process and procedures of the company, which entails properly stocking of company vehicles with necessary parts; returning unused and defective parts to the department; and ordering and restocking parts in vehicles as required.
- Perform installation of HVAC related equipment following company policies and manufacturer’s specifications
- Carry out wiring of both low and line voltage to cooling and heating equipment
- Perform installation of copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including brazing and soldering
- Perform installation of flex and sheet metal duct systems in light commercial and residential buildings
- Ensure connection of gas lines to heating equipment is properly done
- Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle
- Provide necessary support to other team members to be able to complete tasks on time as instructed by management
- Create and maintain cordial and collaborative working relationships with both superiors and co-workers
- Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately filled out
- Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean
- Perform any other duty that may be directed by management.
- Possession of 1-3 years HVAC installation experience
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- EPA certification
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Must have an honest and dependable personality
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong ability to distinguish between various HVAC equipment
- Self motivated individual with strong ability to follow instructions and work alone, as well as work effectively within a team
- Ability to display professional company image
- Possession of valid driver’s license with good record of driving
- Ability to pass a background check for criminality
- Strong ability to write and read in English language
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 100lbs safely
- Strong ability to operate under severe temperature condition of 120 or more for long periods of time
- Ability to work on weekends, at night, and to work overtime
- Ability to climb, stoop, balance, crouch, crawl, or/and kneel continually
Related keywords: hvac, hvac technician, hvac installer, hvac apprentice, hvac helper
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place