Human Resources Generalist
Companion is a leading Southern California and Arizona based hospice, home health, and palliative care service provider with nearly 600 associates. We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team to support the Riverside office that is self-motivated, a strong team player, detail oriented, demonstrates great flexibility and someone who thrives working in a fast-pace environment.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting the overall coordination of human resources functions and activities, which may include recruitment and employment, regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies, benefits administration, employee relations, and training.
- Keep track of expiring credentials
- Review benefit Invoices and Audit them for accuracy
- Manage and oversee monthly new hire reports and send to benefit Vendors
- Manage 401K Eligibility Reports
- Recruiting/New Hires/Orientation – Updating recruiting spreadsheet and job posting
- Maintain workers compensation open claims
- Maintain LOA’s request.
- Conduct monthly Training (Sexual Harassment, Driver Safety, Patient Handling)
- Assisting employees with benefit enrollment
- Assisting employees enroll in mypaychex.com
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues
- Prepare new hire packets and benefit packets
- Issuing and replacing employee badges
- Submitting new request, access, and changes to IT.
Minimum of 3-5 years of human resources experience; BA degree in human resources or a related field preferred.
Knowledge of Federal and CA labor laws and human resources record keeping a must.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with a sense of urgency.
Good working knowledge of computer operations (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and other standard office equipment.
A valid California Driver’s License when travel is required.
Evidence of automobile insurance when travel is required.
We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation, sick and 401K.