Under limited supervision, perform day to day duties of Human Resource in the Kent facility, including: administration of the policies, procedures and programs. Human Resource Generalist carries out the responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, HRIS, training and development, benefits, compliance, performance management, wellness, organizational development, recruitment and compensation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as SME for state and federal legal regulations, company policies and procedures, benefits, timekeeping, HRIS, payroll, etc.
- Keeps abreast of the latest legislative and regulatory changes and understand their impact on assigned responsibilities and the organization
- Lead the day to day support for Payroll and HR Administration employees and their work.
- Run reports to meet management requests and needs for payroll and HR related information using the ADP & HRIS database
- Serves as the interface for HR related questions from management and employees
- Assist Recruiter in identifying target schools for strategic partnerships for internships and teaching
- Assist in developing and facilitating employee awareness, engagement and appreciation activities and programs
- Point of contact for all Workers Compensation reporting and light duty review
- SME for FMLA administration and LOA’s outside of federal leaves
- Acts as the backup for the Payroll Coordinator
- Consistent member of the Kent Events Committee and communicates the events to all staff
- Builds value-added relationships with all levels of management and plant personnel and works collaboratively to communicate best practices and resolves workforce issues
- Recommends and fosters effective workplace communication policies and procedures. Confirms that company policies and practices remain legally compliant and are administered consistently for assigned areas of responsibilities
- Able to assess risk and communicate effectively through it
- Serves as a backup to recruiting as needed
- General knowledge and understanding of employee benefits & payroll
- Answer routine inquiries from inside and outside the company on paychecks, benefit questions and other payroll related matters in line with written company policy
- Administers the HR Bulletin to the factory along with other HR communication
- Provide guidance and input on performance management, succession planning, and workforce planning and organizational development
- Provide routine and regular communication for all Kent staff
- Perform training for all Human Resources including etime, NHO, iPay, etc.
- Thoroughly and objectively investigate employee relation issues and complaints, making recommendations for appropriate action
- Assist the HR Manager with various projects and day to day tasks as needed
- Perform other duties in Human Resource Department, as required. Composing and typing correspondence regarding payroll and employee reports and procedures, faxing, photocopying, newsletter, assembling booklets, filing, document packets, etc
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
0 – 5%
Any unsolicited resumes submitted directly to any CIT employee will be deemed a gift. Recruiter/Recruiting Agency forfeits their right to represent submitted candidate upon breach of Company policy.