Berkeley Eye Center has been a Vision Care leader in Houston since 1959. With offices all over the greater Houston area and Corpus Christi, we are a stable, growing organization with a well-defined culture that is committed to kindness, integrity and flexibility.
While the pandemic has taken it's toll on the U.S. economy we have experienced unprecented growth. We have added locations and services and as a result the size of our staff has grown by almost 20% in the last 10 months. We currently have about 490 staff members.
This growth has created a need for a new position in the Human Resources Department to support the Berkeley Eye Center staff taking care of our patients.
We are expecting this new position to focus most of their time on two areas:
1) Compliance: Overseeing the FMLA, EEO-1, OSHA, HIPAA, etc. obligations including training and reporting.
2) Recruting: Working with the Director of HR to attract quality candidates that not only bring the needed skill set but also an approach to the workplace that is aligned with our established culture. This would involve tasks like writing job postings that honestly represent the open position, resviewing resumes, preliminary interviews and assisting managers with sorting through prospective clients.
If you have worked in Human Resources before you know that any given day can bring an unexpected suprise that needs to be addressed immediately. Therefore the person in this position should not get too locked in on the idea that the job is simply the two items listed above.
Who is a good fit for the position?
We want to find a person who complements our current HR staff and fills in gaps in the makeup of the team. Ideally we would like someone who is formally trained in HR plus has at least 5 years of real-life experience of working as part of a Human Resources team.
All members of our HR team must be role models of our culture:
- Be kind
- Demonstrate "servant leadership"
- Integrity with an emphasis on confidentiality & honesty
For this specific role we would add outgoing, self-starter & creative.
Berkeley Eye Center has 20+ locations, most in the greater Houston area. Travel to these locations would be part of the normal work experience especially post-pandemic. This position could be based out of one of several offices and even possibly a fair amount of the work could be done from home based on employee preference and needs being met.
Berkeley Eye Center has been recognized several times by the Houston Chronicle as a "Houston Top Workplace". We offer our employees a competitive wage, a well rounded benefit package and an emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, ability to grow within the organization and job security.
We encourage interested candidates to visit our website (berkeleyeye.com) to get a better understanding of the services we offer and the location of our offices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Berkeley Eye Center is commited to the safety of our staff & patients. Our safety measures meet or exceed the guidance of the CDC. All eligible staff has had the opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine free of charge.
- Recruiting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 4 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place