Our client is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. They need a highly motivated HSES Manager who enjoys making a difference.
The HSES Manager provides strategic and tactical leadership in the development and implementation of the facility’s HSES programs and initiatives. Assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and corporate and industry standards consistent with Corporate Philosophy, and Health, Safety, Environment and Security policy. Also responsible for managing, developing, and implementing programs and initiatives in HSES compliance and management and RC14001 program. This is a highly visible position requiring significant interaction within the plant as well as the corporate HSES function.
- Facilitate the development and implementation through line management of HSES programs.
- Assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and company policies and standards.
- Identify, prioritize, develop, and implement HSES department activities to ensure compliance.
- Manage resources to ensure priorities are addressed, and redundancies are avoided.
- Represent company on community activities as appropriate.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of HSES standards and culture.
- Interact frequently with manufacturing staff to ensure safe operations.
- Foster a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to work.
- Translate strategies into clear objectives, metrics, action plans.
- Anticipate problems and build contingency plans.
- Identify efforts that will have impact and balance short term and long term projects and goals
- BS degree in science, engineering, occupational health or safety or related.
- 5 + years HSES experience preferably in a chemical or resins plant.
- Experience with Responsible Care Management Systems preferred.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment and with internal and external customers.