Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
The HSE Manager manages and coordinates HSE within a site to ensure all regulatory provisions and Safran Group reference systems are being applied. They also manage the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plan and advise and support site management and operational staff to promote employee health, safety and environmental performance.
Summary of Duties:
- Ensure all regulatory provisions and the Safran Group reference systems are being applied:
- Ensure Safran Group policy, fundamentals, standards and objectives are applied
- Carry out regulatory and legal monitoring
- Ensure regulatory registers (including the ‘comprehensive assessment’) are properly kept and regularly checked
- Ensure operational staff take HSE obligations into account
- Update the list of HSE qualified and/or accredited staff
- Implement monitoring and reporting methods adapted to local circumstances
- Manage and/or carry out HSE audits and inspections
- Suggest, review and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Manage the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plan:
- In liaison with operational staff, identify any significant dangers and hazards and any significant environmental aspects and impacts, and monitor them
- Ensure local HSE policy is being applied
- Suggest areas of improvement and local improvement initiatives
- In liaison with operational staff, establish HSE action plans to achieve set objectives and targets
- Monitor the application of action plans
- Manage a portfolio of HSE improvement projects
- Advise and support site management and operational staff on all HSE activities:
- Implement Safran Group tools, methods and procedures and suggest ways to improve them
- Help establish and coordinate the HSE training plan
- Initiate communication and awareness initiatives
- Establish and update all documentation relating to the HSE Management System
- Ensure HSE documents are properly managed and disseminated
- Take part in analyses and surveys
- Facilitate and oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses and closure of corrective action plans
- Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposure, prioritize risk reduction needs, and ensure closure of recommendations to reduce risk.
- Suggest and organize emergency drills
- Prepare the management review
- Provide information for Safran Group HSE reporting
- Experience with Health and Wellness, OSHA, EPA, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Business Continuity Planning, “Green” Manufacturing, LEAN concepts, LEED Design, SixSigma, TSCA, EPCRA, Workers Compensation
Experience: HSE experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment required. Comprehensive knowledge of employer policies, procedures and practices. Performs complex tasks. Leads and directs the work of other employees and/or supervisors. Possesses solid working knowledge of HSE/Safety. Provides leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to subordinates. 5 or more years of experience with at least 1 year of leadership responsibility.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
ID: DSRV – 16390