The HR Generalist I must demonstrate the ability to work well with all levels of staff as well as outside entities (legal counsel, insurance brokers and county/state officials). Successful candidate shall possess excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to be flexible, firm, consistent, and understanding. The HR Generalist I must have impeccable ethics and integrity. The HR Generalist I will support the Human Resource department in all aspects of human resources focusing on benefit administration, worker’s comp, leave of absences, performance management, compensation, and safety.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and administers annual open enrollment process.
- Point of contact for daily, routine benefit questions from employees
- Benefit reconciliation to ensure proper billing/enrollment for all health and welfare benefits.
- Administers UI processes.
- Monitor liability reports and program costs.
- Recommend policy changes.
Leave of Absences
- Manage and administer day to day Leaves of Absence such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Leave, Extended Employee Medical Leave, Military Leave (Active Duty) and Personal Leave.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws and all company policies pertaining to leave of absence.
- Advise employees and managers regarding leave and PTO policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR, senior leadership and Legal to escalate problem resolution when required.
- Track and collect employee portion of benefits costs.
- Maintain close contact with employee and keep manager informed about expected duration, extensions, etc.
- Partner with line managers regarding employment decisions when approved leave time is exhausted or according to policy.
- Manage Open Enrollment communications for those on leave.
Workers Compensation, Safety
- Responsible for Worker’s Compensation Compliance reporting incidents to insurance company and providing whatever information insurance company requests .Insure that employee is compliant with doctors’ visits and or physical therapy.
- Intake, determining reportability, gather supporting documents for claims
- Proactively identify risks and provide proper escalation for high level resolution.
- Works with consultants, report on workers’ compensation activity monthly as well as annual executive reporting.
- Develop and maintain current workers’ compensation educational materials for managers on the ‘how to report/file’ a claim. (HR Wiki)
- Develop and maintain current safety educational materials for managers where required (i.e., California IIPP) including safety newsletters as needed by regulation.
- Maintain OSHA log, report, and respond for all locations to include: Notice of Recordkeeping Requirements for the annual Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses Agency requests.
- Update IIPP.
- Ensure compliance with all related governmental/state regulations
- Coordinate and/or deliver legally required safety related training programs.
- Identify unsafe acts and/or conditions and recommend ways to improve safety performance to meet safety goals.
- Chair employee safety committee.
- Complete required OSHA reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor job descriptions to ensure standardization and compliance with county contracts.
- Salary Research
- Execute and administer wage garnishments and child support orders
- Assist with audits that involve payroll data and reporting, correcting when necessary to ensure no discrepancies
- Review and maintain accrual balances and reconcile accruals with accounting.
- Maintain employee direct deposit, tax exemption
- Assists manager with ER issues as needed.
- Back-up Point of contact for:
- Access badge system
- ID badges
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field and 3 to 5 years Human Resources experience, OR
- A Masters Degree in HR or related field with 2 to 3 years Human Resource experience, OR
- Associate’s Degree with emphasis in Human Resources or related field and 5 to 7 years Human Resource experience.
- Knowledge of standard Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures & government HR compliance regulations.
- Experience with Workers Comp, Benefit Administration & Safety.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Keyword: HR Generalist
From: South Coast Community Services