8 hour per week (could be 1 day per week or 2 half days).
Howard Products is a Sheet Metal manufacturing company, privately owned and operated. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced HR professional with proven results and entrepreneur spirit, who takes pride in his/her work, and thrives in an environment in which creativity, resourcefulness and critical thinking are highly desired and valued.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for overseeing all areas of the HR function including, but not limited to, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, recruiting and onboarding, and compliance. This role works closely with the payroll/accounting specialist and is leading member of the safety committee, involved with ISO quality standards, while working closely with the owners, Plant Manager and Plant Supervisor.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST'S EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field (preferred)
- 5 plus years’ experience in HR generalist, business partner and/or management role.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- PHR or SPHR Certification is strongly preferred
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST'S ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal employment law.
- Ability to handle various tasks, make decisions, and resolve conflicts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be a team player with strong coaching and consultative skills.
- Proficient with various technologies such as HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems and standard MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized, responsive, resourceful, and ability to maintain professionalism.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and integrity in dealing with confidential information and personnel matters.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST'S ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employee Relations: Provide guidance and support to managers and employees to resolve performance and other work-related issues that may require coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, and conflict management. Oversee and manage the annual performance evaluation and salary review processes. Provides guidance and input on workforce planning. Oversee employee exit/termination procedures, including exit interviews.
- All aspects of Benefits Administration: Work closely with the payroll specialist and insurance broker for March 1st open enrollment
- Training & Development: Manage employee onboarding process. Coordinate and schedule new hire orientations and training. Ensure that all required forms are reviewed and signed by new employees and provide new employees with benefits information. Identify employee training needs and schedule relevant seminars and workshops, as needed. Update and maintain training records.
- Workers Compensation: Responsible for handling claims efficiently and fairly to ensure laws are followed (the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, any pertinent state laws and the company benefit plans). Proactively work on accommodations or training needed to help the employee return to his job or in another capacity as soon as possible. Maintain all safety practices and protocol for a safe working environment.
- COVID-19 Protocol: Maintain internal safety practices with employees, vendors, and customers by following CDC and Mass.gov guidelines. Act as point-person should an issue arise.
- Compensation: Maintains and updates job requirements and job descriptions for all positions. Implement and update compensation program; conducts annual market review during merit process, conducts the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Recruitment and Selection: Work closely with hiring managers on the recruitment and selection of qualified candidates, coordinate, and schedule candidate interviews with all stakeholders.
- Policy Development and Implementation: Recommend, develop, and implement company policies that further the company’s values and strategic objectives. Review and revise existing policies to ensure compliance with statutory and legal requirements. Ensure consistent interpretation and administration of company policies and procedures, practices and principles relating to employee relations and risk management. Update the Employee Handbook, as needed.
- HR Records: Maintain and update HR records and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment legislation and regulations
- Other Responsibilities: Special projects as required and assigned (i.e. Holiday events,
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $27.00 per hour
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Manufacturing HR: 1 year (Required)
- HR Generalist: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location