United States of America
HAZ01: Interiors (Evac Sys)-Phoenix 3414 S 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85040 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Our global HR team works on behalf of our 70,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it’s recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic “Healthy You” wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at Collins Aerospace.
This position is for the Human Resources Business Partner position in the Phoenix, AZ Evacuation Solutions facility. The ideal candidate for this role is a energetic professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in the Human Resource generalist discipline. Leads human resources projects, advises on HR policies and procedures, addresses moderately complex HR inquiries, and guides the development of HR documents. Consults with leadership to assess the organization’s HR needs, and assists with Talent issues.
- Collaborates with business unit, department, and functional leadership to communicate and implement HR programs that support business goals and drive bottom line results.
- Implements human resources strategies focused on increasing employee engagement and retention rates.
- Manages employee resource utilization across assigned HR activities and client groups.
- Initiates and champions continuous improvement/lean initiatives for an assigned HR group to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of human resources management.Core
- Compiles, analyzes and reports Human Resources metrics to an assigned HR team to ensure that business unit or department objectives are met.
- Guides interpretation of human resources policies and procedures and related activities.
- Assists with investigations related to human resource compliance issues, prepares documentation, and makes appropriate recommendations based on investigation findings.
- Assists Talent Management with leading recruitment efforts, when needed, to help attract diverse talent and build bench strength.
- Provides timely, high quality and impactful employee communications to educate, motivate and engage employees.
- Assesses a range of issues and employs critical thinking skills to focus on and deploy creative and fiscally responsible solutions to manage employment cost.
- Identifies and helps to resolve labor and employee relations needs and issues; when needed, refers the matter to the appropriate specialists in Labor and Employee Relations.
- Identifies training and development needs and issues; when needed, refers the matter to the appropriate specialists in Talent Management.
- Acts as a partner in employee management by formulating and administering HR plans.
- Coordinates with business partners for client management concerns.
- Organizes and maintains compliance policies in preparation for investigations.
- Oversees HR concerns in mergers and acquisitions.
- Manages relationships across specialized departments to plan and meet human resource needs.
- Works across multiple HR disciplines or within shared service environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is Required
- Experience working with an hourly/non-exempt and salaried workforce
- Experience coaching on various types of employee relation matters
- Experience working in a human resources function within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Workday, EV5 and lean practices
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.