We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The HR Business Partner serves as a strategic people partner, advising one or more business units. This role plays a key part in developing and implementing the people strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent.
- Identify opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness by diagnosing challenges, prescribing solutions, and supporting implementation; gaining insight from Senior HRBPs as necessary
- Serve as an advisor by appropriately challenging Leaders, while maintaining strong business partnership and relationships with assigned Departments, Executives, and Leaders applying a high degree of confidence
- Provide tools to help guide Departments through a high degree of growth and change including, but not limited to communication strategy, proactive needs assessment, and team effectiveness efforts
- Lead business functional area in forecasting and supporting the acquisition of the talent needed to support current and future business ambitions
- Counsel Leaders consistent with Company policies/practices, legal considerations, compliance regulations, and company priorities—serving as an advocate for both Company and Employee concerns
- Oversee the annual talent review and merit process by identifying high potentials, talent readiness, and retention risks as well as facilitating career pathing and succession planning conversations
- Develop and maintain partnerships with senior decision makers within assigned Department through the development of in depth knowledge of the business, both strategically and operationally
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business functional areas to identify, prioritize, and build Employee centered capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes in alignment with business goals
- Manage the roll-out of survey results including addressing and following-up on identified areas for improvement in order to improve Employee engagement and strengthen Employee relations
- Provide day-to-day coaching and guidance to frontline and mid-level management supporting them on their own growth and development as well as the growth and development of their Team
- Support cross-functional projects by providing subject matter expertise including research, detailed planning, and implementation
- Counsel and/or coach Employees and Managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Working knowledge of the talent development process
- Working knowledge of coaching resources
- Working knowledge of EEOC rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of FMLA rules and regulations
- Understands the business model, operations, financial structure for the assigned organizations
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive Company and personal information
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and high emotional intelligence in various situations
- Ability to influence without authority at all levels
- Ability to facilitate crucial conversations
- Ability to approach and resolve emotionally charged situations with a calm demeanor
- Ability to exercise good judgement and ethical standards in a variety of situations
- Ability to make decisions with the best interests of the Customer and Southwest Airlines in mind
- Ability to maintain a strong executive presence
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactical plans
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures to a variety of situations
- Political savvy
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a sense of urgency, confidence and openness to breakthrough-thinking
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer