It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Summit Racing Equipment is hiring a FT Human Resources Assistant for the McDonough, GA location. The HR Assistant will provide HR assistance and support to the HRM at the GA site. Support includes: Heavy systems information task completing and processing in multiple information systems. Performing employee engagement activities. Coordinating and/or performing education, enrollment and execution of company offered program for Summit Racing Equipment employees in an accurate and timely manner. This role will be performing an array of tactical and strategic task while achieving the Human Resources Department mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Benefits education and administration
- Benefits distribution and education of employees.
- Support with new employee orientation meetings
- Day to day management and support of employee changes.
- Act as a liaison between employees and providers.
- Support with coordination of company offered benefits and total rewards.
- Day to day
- Participate in HR process improvement initiatives
- Assist HRM with internal/external audits
- Perform data entry of a wide variety of information into appropriate databases.
- Creation and distribution of company related information to employees.
- Assist with all compliance issues with regard to recruiting and hiring. These include, but are not limited to FMLA, DOL, EEO, ADA, FCRA, USERRA, and other federal, state and local laws.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Support with pre-employment and recruiting processes.
- Work with management on upcoming job openings and fine tune skill sets needed (verify job descriptions)
- Support and coordinate temporary staffing processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate must have at least a High School degree or equivalent. 3+ years of experience in a Human Resources role. Experience in an HR Generalist level role is a plus.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Computer literate with multiple programs including; (Workday or other HCM or HRIS programs, , Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Teams & Outlook-Email). Workday experience preferred.
- Operation of phone system, copiers, faxes, scanners.
- General office and business skills including excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills. Knowledge of basic personnel issues, including COBRA and HIPAA laws.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and diligent with follow up actions.
- Must be capable of handling a multitude of tasks simultaneously, often with many interruptions.
- Must be compassionate yet remain non-judgmental in order to deal with highly personal employee problems and concerns in a confidential manner.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and presentations and be able to “read” the group and adjust the presentation accordingly.
- Must be able to deal effectively with employees across all dept. lines.
- Must be an “approachable” person in the eyes of the employees and leadership alike.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Schedule: Mon – Fri (8 hour shifts). Hybrid job location opportunity with the majority of days being on-site and other days working from home. Candidate must have and maintain adequate internet service to sufficiently perform all of their job functions. Service must be private and secure.
Salary/Pay: This is a hourly non-exempt role. Pay will depend on experience.