Position: Housing Counseling Manager or Associate
Saginaw-Shiawassee Habitat for Humanity, a housing non-profit organization serving low-income families/individuals, is seeking the ideal candidate as
Housing Counseling Manager or Associate. This position is responsible Pre-
Purchase Counseling, Post-Purchase including some Default Counseling. The ideal candidate has certification and/or experience in personal financial management/budgeting and has Housing Counseling Certification OR an aptitude for certification within 9 months of employment. Title and salary commensurate with experience and relevant education.
Full -time Position with excellent benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
(most of which is employer paid with some contributed by employee as determined by the board annually), Employer Paid Life Insurance, All Purpose
Leave (PTO) of 15 days the first year. We have 9 Holidays and, in addition to
PTO, we also close and pay the days between the Christian Holidays Dec. 24 and 25 and end of the year Holidays Dec. 31 and New Year-the last day worked is Dec. 23, we return Jan. 2.
TO APPLY– Send résumé and cover letter by Sunday, February 7th by email to carmenmora @ sshfh . org only. Résumés will not be accepted in person or by mail. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Physical Requirements: The position requires office work, face to face meetings, phone calls, etc. The Housing Counseling Manager must be able to carry 30-40+ pounds occasionally when taking items to events or leading volunteers at a home preservation site, for example.
Must Successfully pass: Drug Screen, Physical, Criminal Background Check,
Credit Report Check, Driver’s License Check, Educational Background Check and Employment Verification.
The Homeowner Services Manager must have:
1. a clear desire to serve low-income people and passion about the ministry of Habitat for Humanity.
2. demonstrated ability to work with all segments of the community—that is, ability to work as easily with asset-limited income-constrained families as with community members from businesses, churches, organizations, etc.
3. demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook) and acquire proficiency CounselorMax for Housing Counseling.
4. demonstrated proficiency in the follow through and development of office procedures.
5. ability to teach or aptitude to learn how to teach others.
6. ability to perform math calculations related to the purchase of a home and personal financial management.
7. proficiency in oral, presentation and grammatical skills.
8. ability to work in a self-directed manner, as well as the flexibility needed to be a part of a team.
9. aptitude to handle simultaneous, multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
10. willingness to work a varied schedule as required including evenings and weekends.
11. willingness to learn and implement new skills, to take courses, acquire and maintain requested and/or necessary certifications; may include some travel.
12. a legally registered and insured personal vehicle to be used with reimbursement during work hours.
13. use of personal cell phone, without reimbursement unless otherwise determined by Executive Director during times of high volume.
“The last 12 years have been an amazing journey where
I have witnessed incredible life transformations first- hand. At Habitat, we serve only asset-limited, income- constrained (low-income) families through:
1. Housing Counseling,
2. Selling new built or fully-renovated homes and
3. Repairing homes for families who already own their homes but can’t afford the repairs without assistance.
That is just what we do on the surface; what’s most important is what we do for people on the inside…that intangible quality of hope that changes lives; that’s what we are about—hope that builds strength, stability & self- reliance, so families can be successful for a lifetime.
Come join us for a job that’s more like a calling, more like living your passion, to help others improve their lives.”
Address: 315 W. Holland Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48602
Phone: 989-753-5200 x. 500 | Fax: 989-753-9790 | Cell: 989-598-6543
Email: carmenmora @ sshfh org Web: sshfh.org Facebook: facebook.com/HabitatForHumanitySaginaw
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place