Join Hotel Zelos and the Viceroy Hotel Group team today as full-time Houseperson, in San Francisco, CA!
ABOUT HOTEL ZELOS
Hotel Zelos San Francisco (formerly the Hotel Palomar) resides in the historic Pacific Building, which opened in 1907. The Pacific Building was originally built as office space, however, the 5th to 9th floors became the Hotel Palomar in 1999. Due to the original layout, our guestrooms are larger than the average hotel room in San Francisco.
We are a contemporary hotel with 202 guestrooms and this allows us to offer a very personal experience. Our location in the SOMA District is also home to a variety of shops, businesses, restaurants, and nightlife, as well as walking distance to Chinatown and Union Square. The Powell Street BART station is just around the corner and the trolley cars are right on Market Street.
ABOUT OUR POSITION
Our Houseperson plays the important role of maintaining the cleanliness standards of the Hotel in all public areas as well as assisting with guest needs upon request.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel.
- Deep cleaning in assigned areas of the hotel.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk and stairs.
- Deliver housekeeping items to guest rooms upon request from the Front Desk or Supervisor.
- Greet each guest that you encounter in the hallways, lobby or public areas.
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Communicate to Supervisor when recovering any, and all, lost and found items.
- Effectively work with team members to accomplish assigned tasks each day.
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Follow all instructions when filling spray bottles with cleaning chemicals, never mix chemicals.
- Turn in keys and radio to the Housekeeping Department when shift ends.
- Work in a safe manner to prevent injury to yourself, other staff members or our valued guests.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of Room Attendants closets, guest areas and Hotel facilities.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Prior experience preferred.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude and desire to contribute to a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and anticipate guest needs.
- Flexible availability.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Hotel Zelos is located at 12 4th Street in San Francisco, CA.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time colleagues including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, travel benefits, a matching 401k and more!
See our extraordinary hotels at www.viceroyhotelgroup.com!
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
Employer will consider all qualified applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance .