Clean guest rooms in accordance with established quality and performance standards to allow a sufficient quantity of vacant and clean guest rooms for sale. Clean occupied guest rooms to assure highest possible level of guest satisfaction.
Clean and reset guest room areas according to established standards
- Organize and stock cleaning cart and organize linen closets on floors assigned
- Complete accurately, and in a timely manner, any assigned paperwork.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the property:
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards
- Perform other duties as requested, (i.e.; cleaning unexpected spills, executing special guest requests, wash, fold and put away laundry)
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas
- Stock and maintain housekeeping carts and housekeeping storage rooms
- Report maintenance issues to General Manager or Maintenance personnel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High level of energy and positive personality
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by the properties environmental system. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception. Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job summary is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Part-time
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: