Are you looking for a career in Hospitality?
Located in the heart of the Redwoods of Northern California, the Benbow Valley is nestled among the hills with the Eel River running through. The most prominent features of this little valley are the Benbow Historic Inn and the Benbow KOA Resort & Golf Course .
The Inn is a 65 room historic building with a restaurant and lounge and conference rooms. The Benbow KOA Resort & Golf is a 110 site RV park with a 9-hole golf course.
The Benbow Historic Inn is seeking an outstanding Housekeeping Manager candidate.
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel and RV Park, including rooms and public area. Major responsibilities include ensuring guests are satisfied with overall property cleanliness, responding to guest needs, ensuring safety and security of rooms, maintaining inventory, selecting, training, maintaining and managing a motivated and skilled work force. The essential job functions are listed below, but may include duties which are outside of these job functions which are required to meet the need of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains properties cleanliness standards for both rooms and public areas and inspects them to ensure that standards are met.
- Trains staff in all aspects of housekeeping, including guest service.
- Maintains key control and lost-and-found, and ensures staff is trained to follow correct procedures for both.
- Plans work schedules and room assignments with minimum disruption to guests.
- Empowers staff to deliver great guest service by encouraging responsiveness to guest needs.
- Ensures hotel and RV Park standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and ensures staff follows proper inventory/cost control procedures.
Human Resources Management
- Assists in human resources functions, including recruiting, selecting, orientation, training, performance evaluations to maintain a skilled, qualified work force.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures Room Attendants know responsibilities and manage against those responsibilities.
Safety and Security
- Understands “Right to Know” laws, which apply to housekeeping supplies and chemicals.
- Recognizes and corrects conditions which may create security, fire or accident hazards.
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize workers’ compensation claims.
- Manages and motivates staff (including: hiring, performance management, and recognition duties).
- Assists in the assessment of staffing needs and recruitment.
- Train, direct and appraise staff.
- Make daily schedules for proper manpower utilization.
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Meets commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Delegates work assignments.
- Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Provides regular performance feedback.
- Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Strives to increase productivity.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
Language, Math and Reasoning
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in on and one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Second language preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- 2-3 years of progressive housekeeping experience required.
- Must have knowledge of all housekeeping equipment; chemical cleaning solutions; and must know how to properly use cleaning equipment such as a vacuum cleaner.
- Must have knowledge on ordering and purchasing all housekeeping supplies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- No certification required for this position.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, taste and smell.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, twist and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet of more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
- Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position works in an environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Benefits include health and dental options, retirement savings plan, friends and family room rates, employee discounts, vacation, and possible housing opportunities.
All applicants must have verifiable work experience, references, and must be physically able to perform duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,920.00 /year
- Housekeeping: 3 years (Required)
- Managerial: 3 years (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)