The Guest Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guest-rooms while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or one (1) year experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to work with and understand basic arithmetic functions.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with QPM Hotels SOP, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name-tag when working.
· Comply at all times with QPM Hotels standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Thoroughly clean guest-rooms according to standards.
· Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
· Remove all trash and dirty linen from guest-rooms and hallways.
· Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed (if applicable),
· Restock housekeeping cleaning cart for next day’s use.
· Replenish chemical bottles
· Clean room with the door closed according to standards, unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
· Report room defects/maintenance issues to Executive Housekeeper so that it may be addressed by the Maintenance Team.
· Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to the Executive Housekeeper.
· Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
· Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the hotel standards.
· At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office
· Attend meetings/training as required by management.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift and alter assigned duties as business dictates. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be maintained at all times.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- housekeeping/cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)