Summary of Responsibility: :
The Housekeeper is an important position within the housekeeping team, which maintains a clean, safe, and comfortable environment in all areas of the community including, but not limited to, residents’ rooms, public restrooms, offices, common areas and exterior of the community.
- Performs the day-to-day housekeeping functions in accordance with established housekeeping procedures and as assigned by supervision.
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies; reports all hazardous equipment or conditions and accidents/incidents to the supervisor, no matter how minor they may be.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way communication with residents and resident representatives; observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions on an on-going basis and submits information for resident records on an informative and timely basis.
- Keeps the Maintenance Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports.
- Turns off exterior lights upon beginning the shift and turns on all inside lights and lamps in all public areas, including the library, dining areas, and all sitting rooms.
- Cleans the front entrance.
- Cleans floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, and disinfecting.
- Cleans carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Cleans and polishes any furnishings in the hallways, stairways, and elevators.
- Cleans resident rooms (includes stripping and remaking the bed; vacuuming carpet; mopping, dusting, disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchenettes; and cleaning mirrors and pictures; checking and cleaning vents, overhead lights, baseboards, doors and handles, handrails, and blinds; checking flood drains).
- Collects all trash from resident rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms daily.
- Cleans all common area restrooms and replenishes all restroom supplies.
- Cleans walls, windows, handrails, ceiling fans and overhead lights, air vents, and baseboards by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.; keeps all windows, cabinets, doors, mirrors, smudge free and clean.
- Waters and maintains indoor and outdoor plants.
- Assists in setting up the dining room, activity areas, and living rooms, as necessary.
- Reports any needed repairs to the Maintenance Director; fills out work order forms and places them in maintenance box.
- Keeps all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, closets, and carts clean and uncluttered throughout and at the end of the shift.
- Responds to resident needs when noticed or requested.
- Launders community and resident linens as needed.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of all supply needs and issues of concern.
- Ensures that cleaning schedules are followed.
- Turns in all articles found to the supervisor.
- Assists the Maintenance Director in keeping within budget by controlling waste.
- Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, Age Requirement::
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Prior similar housekeeping experience is preferred.
- Experience with seniors and especially cognitively impaired seniors (those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia) is preferred.
- Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen and TB skin test is required.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.