SUMMARY: Responsible for all Front Desk Clerk duties, as well as auditing duties listed below. Balance all room charges, restaurant tickets, cash and credit card transactions for the ending day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Remain highly visible and readily available for guests at all times.
- Assist team with training, supplies and support in order to consistently provide Brand quality service.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Perform night audit to verify all previous Front Desk shift transactions; perform night audit checklist.
- Distribute newspapers and folios under guest room doors.
- Print registration cards for the next workday.
- Post and balance all phone calls and restaurant paper work.
- Put all shift work, phone report, restaurant paper work and wakeup call report and printout in an audit pack.
- Prepare and balance flash report and fax as needed to owners and corporate office.
- Walk the property hallways and public areas for safety and security measures.
- Ensure that all exterior doors are locked allowing key access only.
- Maintain proper administration of key control.
- Communicate with General Manager/Assistant General Manager regarding any real or potential emergency situations.
- Communicate pertinent shift information (Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities, etc.) to managers and associates both verbally and in writing via log-book. Update as necessary.
- Verify room status with housekeeping report.
- May be responsible for breakfast setup; laundry duties; and setup and breakdown of the meeting room(s).
- May have to perform laundry duties.
- May be responsible for the setup and breakdown of the meeting room(s).
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: * None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months to one year related experience preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owner(s), partners, guests, associates, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of the general public conducting business with the property.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and good telephone skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy and demanding work environment.
- Basic knowledge of hotel operations or ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of associates.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
- Good time management skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate details; ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility to adjust work priorities as necessary.
- Practice safety standards at all time
- Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Ability to successfully complete brand standard training including brand service training.
- Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property documents.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
- Responsible for own continuous training/personal development, especially professional hospitality skills and proactive approaches to solve guest or hotel concerns.
- Use empowerment to exceed associate/guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Answer phone within 3 rings using proper Brand Standards greeting and etiquette.
- First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain.
- Multi-line telephone console
- Commercial coffee machine
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)