The SCM Scheduler/Planner position is within Arconic’s North American Aerospace and Automotive Products (AAP) Business Unit. AAP produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet and plate products in the world. Our aluminum is the foundation for many products serving customers in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, building and construction, and automotive systems and distribution.
The SCM Scheduler/Planner is responsible for
Creating, modifying, maintaining, and communicating production center schedules that balance throughput and delivery while ensuring continuous inventory flow through all areas of responsibility.
Interface regularly with Operations, Maintenance, Quality, SCM, and bargaining unit employees.
Reviewing new orders, looking for possible application of finished goods or in process metal (e.g. overage, salvage, excess) prior to releasing the order for casting and hot rolling.
Review and update the production flow path (as determined by the Lot Generation system) to ensure metal produced will meet customers’ requirements, using the most economically feasible fabricating practice.
Review the ingot size selected by Lot Gen for appropriateness, considering quantity required, historical recovery, and standard ingot size menu.
Provide feedback to the Lot Generation Programmer in support of accurate flow path information.
Analyze and process change order requests, order cancellations, and production holds as requested by Sales, Quality, and Operations personnel.
Provide inventory management for salvage, overage, and excess material.
Generate practices in support of experiments (shop orders) under the guidance of Quality, Operations, or Engineering personnel and provide vacation relief for other Order Planners and Schedulers.
Use human performance concepts and standardized work to reduce inventory and flow times while maintaining 95% delivery to external customers.
The job is primarily day-shift with periodic weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Basic understanding of different aluminum alloy compositions
- Work experience and knowledge of principles and concepts of lean manufacturing (ABS) used for achieving business results
- Understanding of inventory management concepts and forecasting
- Basic understanding of the entire procurement and shipment processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills with “out of the box” thinking
- Resourceful and forward thinking
- Results oriented, with ability to respond quickly
- Experience working in a union environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Microsoft Office knowledge especially in Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
: United States-IA-Davenport
US DAV Davenport, Iowa
P. O. Box 3567
: 00202-13406 MILP Sup Chain
: Day Job
Hourly Paid or Salaried : Salaried
: Entry Level
: Nov 14, 2019, 10:39:14 AM
Minimum Years of Experience : 2