At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Montage Kapalua Bay is recruiting for an On-Call Host/Hostess to join our team: Set beachfront atop picturesque Kapalua Bay, this 24 acre-resort is the ideal destination from which to enjoy all of Maui. At Montage Kapalua Bay, you will feel embraced by genuine island hospitality and authentic culture. At every turn, the spirit of Hawaii merges with your own to create pono — a true sense of balance and harmony — as you relax and enjoy all-suite accommodations, inspired cuisine, championship golf, water sports, and a 30,000 square foot Hawaii inspired spa.
The role of a Host/Hostess is to create a perfect first impression on all guests entering Cane & Canoe and The Hideaway at Kapalua Bay.
Job duties include; although are not limited to:
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by venue managers and chefs
- Assisting in providing analytical support and decision making tools to leadership team to help exceed desired business results
- Working as a team and effectively communicating with management, chef and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other Associates
- Greeting and seating guests and controlling the flow of guests coming into the restaurant, bar and lounge while under pressure.
- Answering telephones and directing calls where necessary
- Overseeing daily restaurant reservations, pre-assigning seating where necessary, and communicating with management, service staff and chefs and special guest needs, requests, and VIPS
- Previous hotel or restaurant experience preferred
- Food Handlers Permit required
- Must be have strong communication skills and ability to multi-task is required
- Must be able to read and write in English proficiently
- Ability to follow directions well, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure
- Previous exposure to high volume restaurant environment preferred
- Basic computer skills and experience with computer based reservations systems preferred
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, polite, energetic and a willing learner
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must be physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware. Up to 50 lbs. Also, you must be physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time. This position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Montage Recruitment Manager at (949) 715-1396 and/or email such as [email protected] .