Premier Washington Health Center, a 288-bed skilled nursing facility, is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Hospital and Community Liaison in our growing center. This position will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and developing referral sources within an assigned market, management of primary referring hospitals in regards to referrals and relationships, and ensuring a smooth transfer/admission from the hospital to the receiving facility for any appropriate patient. Potential candidates must also have experience in facilitating and coordinating effective Business Development programs.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Manage and coordinate referrals from providers, facilities, or any customer source and convert appropriate referrals.
- Clinically assess patients to determine if the patient meets admission criteria with facility requirements/abilities.
- Make contact with potential referrals as a representative of the facility and/or facilities represented.
- Review potential patients/residents charts, and assist with any questions from patients or family members.
- Obtain the necessary information (medical and financial) to qualify patients for admission.
- Conduct regular visits to referring hospitals to build and maintain relationships with Discharge Planners, Case Managers, Social Workers, Physicians and all other potential referral sources.
- Conduct sales calls to identify new and potential referral sources.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the market in general and the specific products, services and acuity trends within the market.
- Achieve referrals through development and implementation of an effective referral marketing plan. Admissions should result from efforts.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Admissions, Administrator and Regional Business Development VP regarding prospective admissions and bed availability.
Education, Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous healthcare community relations and business development experience preferred
- Experience with Allscripts preferred
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please apply with resume or applications are available at the facility; located at 36 Old Hickory Ridge Rd. Washington, PA 15301 EOE. Come join our Team!
Job Type: Full-time