Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager
Excellent benefit package, no holiday’s, nights or weekends!
Athena Health Care Systems has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. Athena has been recognized as one of the largest managers of skilled nursing facilities. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
At Hospice Services of Massachusetts, we deliver the personal care and quality service desired and deserved by every patient. What sets us apart from the other agencies is our commitment to perfection; our clinician’s focus on the quality of the time and treatment spent with patients rather than the numbers of visits per day. We do not follow in the footsteps of other agencies, instead we choose to lead by understanding what is truly required for each patient’s condition and set trends for the future.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team for the provision of skilled nursing assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families consistent with Hospice Services of Massachusetts’ policies and procedures.
- Assume primary responsibility for a patient/family caseload that includes the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating phases of the nursing process.
- Initiate communication with attending physicians, other hospice staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Maintain regular communication with the nurse/team leader to review caseload.
- Maintain regular communication with the attending physician concerning patient/family care needs and response to interventions.
- Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
- Seek input from other team members regarding the patient plan of care to obtain additional knowledge and support.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Instruct primary caregivers, volunteers, and employed caregivers to provide care as indicated.
- Meet regularly with hospice nursing staff to review problems or unique issues from caseloads, share professional support, and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
- Attend patient conference and facilitate discussion of issues from caseload for full staff discussion, consultation and evaluation.
- Supervise and document observance of the home health aide delivery of care every two weeks.
- Inform the Interdisciplinary Team of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- Assist other nurse/case managers including assuming primary responsibility for patients when necessary.
- Provide appropriate support at time of death and perform bereavement assessment if requested.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the state of Massachusetts. Preferably a B.S. degree in nursing. Minimum two years of varied work experience as a professional nurse and preferably one of the two years in an acute or hospice setting. Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings. Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive and generous benefits package, which includes paid time off, health, dental, and 401K. Choice of health insurance plans – low cost Medical with employee contributions starting at $12 per week!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan