Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing and maintaining a positive relationship with referral sources as well as designated communities, and for providing education on topics pertaining to hospice care. Also responsible for referral coordination from initial intake through admission for those patients residing in a facility setting and/or those vulnerable to hospital readmission as they transition through care environments.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Performs initial referral intake, as required, and collects pertinent documentation necessary to schedule patients for admission. Thoroughly completes intake forms and transmits referral information to the office.
- Enhances flow of communication between patient, family, caregiver, facility, physician team, and any other hospice support vendors during intake process to ensure safety and comfort upon admission to hospice.
- Visits referred patients on site to review needs and orders. Provides patient, family, and caregiver with education on hospice and encourages informed decision making.
- Collaborates with Account Executives on territory development efforts.
- Coordinates daily marketing operations including implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Assists the Director of Patient Services/Director of Business Development in establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget and in establishing allocations for the marketing department. Monitors allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations.
- Continuously conducts market assessments and assists in developing a comprehensive marketing plan designed to meet budgetary volume projections.
- Employs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve budgetary volume projections.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling marketing events, vendor fairs, and exhibits within various territories.
- Assist Director of Patient Services/ Director of Business Development in managing event budgets to ensure resources are available (i.e. collateral, sign-in sheets, door prizes, etc).
- Maintains a positive working relationships with current and potential referral and payer sources.
- Assists with ongoing training and support of Care Transition Team. Participate in mentoring and shadowing of Care Transition Coordinators to assist in territory management
- Assists in orienting all new staff members of the marketing team.
- Builds and monitors community, customer, payer and patient perceptions of ST. CROIX HOSPICE as a high quality provider of services.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of markets including government agencies, major payer groups, key referral sources, and competitor’s market positioning.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided.
- Monitors and reports cost effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Maintains CRM and ensures content is accurate and current.
- The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.