Manages care to achieve goals and outcomes. Works with patients and family in providing skilled nursing in accordance with the plan of treatment approved by the physician. Proactively takes initiative to identify the needs of the patient, team members, agency and staff. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Includes but not limited to agency admissions, patient visits (scheduled and unscheduled) communications with physicians, and other duties as needed to successfully manage patient care.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements. Identifies own learning needs and takes steps to meet them.
- Assures and/or performs initial and ongoing nursing assessments, develops plan of nursing care in accordance with physician’s plan of treatment; provides skilled nursing services in accordance with current nursing practice; evaluates patient’s response to treatment. Comprehensive patient assessment to include physical and functional status, home environment, and social support systems.
- Applies knowledge regarding Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Assures that proper documentation of care and evaluation of treatment is maintained in patient records in accordance with Agency, state and federal regulations.
- Works closely with physician, therapy and nursing services and nursing aides to coordinate appropriate and timely health care.
- Abides by Agency policies and procedures and interprets them to personnel, clients, physicians and public.
- Participates in performance improvement activities. Initiates and monitors service delivery.
- Educates patients and responsible parties concerning the treatment program,
- Applies independent emergency measures to counteract adverse developments and notifies physicians of patient’s condition.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Ability to handle stress and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Ability to maintain acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
- This job requires a combination of education, training and experience that is acquired through the completion of an accredited School of Nursing.
- RN – current license in State of Missouri and Kansas required. (Must be willing to obtain licensure in other state within 30 days of hire.)
- Valid driver license and proof of auto insurance
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Prior experience/knowledge of clinical based software
- Strong interviewing, assessment, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a patient home setting and exhibited ability to make sound nursing judgements.
- Must have the demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with primarily the geriatric population.
- Must be able to assess data reflecting the client’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each client’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English adequately to complete required reports, interpret Plan of Care instructions, and interact with the client/family, physicians, other caregivers, and staff.
- Must have the ability to exhibit professionalism, tact and patience when communicating with patients, clients, family’s subordinate staff, staff at all levels and components of the organization, business associates, and the public.
- Must have knowledgeable of the regulations associated with prevention of occupational disease and injury, including the exercise of universal precautions and the prevention of contamination.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize duties, including managing multiple tasks; ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions; and ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Home Health experience preferred.
Special Working Conditions
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions, which provides protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The associate will be subject to outdoor elements while accessing a patient’s residence.
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- Required to drive from one location to another
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job demands include maximum occasional lift of 75 lbs from knuckle to waist level; maximum occasional lift of 10 lbs from floor to shoulder; Maximum occasional carry of 5 lbs for 100 ft; maximum occasional push/pull horizontal of 40 lbs at 36 inches height for 100 ft; maximum frequent push/pull horizontal of 10 lbs at 46 inches for 100 ft; Maximum occasional grip force of 40 lbs; maximum occasional lateral pinch force of 15 lbs; Maximum occasional climb of 8 inches; frequent forward reach; frequent bend; frequent fine motor coordination; occasional foot coordination; occasional balance; Frequent sitting; continuous standing; and continuous walking.
Receives supervision from Director of Nurse Clinical Management
Post-Offer background check and drug screen required.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]