***BRAND NEW HOSPITAL NEAR THE BEACH***
Who We Are
Buena Vet is located in the beautiful beach community of Ventura, CA. Our community is active and our small animal general practice is bustling. Founded in the 1950’s, Buena Vet has recently been fully renovated and is now a modern, state-of-the-art animal hospital fully equipped with the latest technology, surgery room, and six exam rooms. Our dedicated team works in a collaborative, fast-paced, hands-on environment. Learn more: BuenaVet.com and take the virtual tour: https://buenavet.com/about-us/virtual-tour
Join Our Team
Buena Vet is seeking an Associate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine with active experience in Veterinary Medicine, and a passion for mentoring and teaching Technicians and Assistants in a collaborative and hands on environment in a fast-paced general practice. Our Associate DVM will have had experience working in a teaching hospital, emergency or general practice, have a background in dentistry, medical research, and has a positive, outgoing persona. This position requires excellent good judgement, integrity, and a genuine passion for working with people and small animals. The Associate DVM will work under the direction of the Medical Director and Hospital Manager, collaborate with our Team of Doctors, and jointly supervise Technicians, Assistants, and interns.
Play Hard. Live Long. Veterinary Care You Can Trust.
Motivated by the joy of bringing together healthy pets and happy clients; the team at Buena Veterinary Hospital is passionate about building on our legacy of delivering progressive personalized patient care and distinctive client service, while developing active community relationships.
- DVM, Associate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- Licensed and in good standing with the California Veterinary Medical Board.
- Successfully completed internship/residency, highly desirable.
- Experience practicing at an Emergency and/or Teaching Hospital is desired.
- Current registration with USDA for animal transport, and Drug Enforcement Agencies.
- The ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and determine appropriate actions.
- Have the ability and passion to successfully, and positively, mentor Technicians and Assistants.
- Have the ability to keenly recognize and meet the challenge of clients and staff during difficult and emotional encounters.
- Possess the ability to remain calm, professional, and friendly with staff and clients at all times and under pressure with interruptions whilst managing multiple priorities.
- Provide excellent customer/client service, and demonstrate clear communication while maintaining a friendly and positive demeanor.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, general business periodicals, excel spreadsheets, and governmental regulations.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Efficiency in analyzing financial statements, spreadsheets, reports, and data.
- Work in a faced paced environment with minimal supervision, strict deadlines, and supervise assistant medical staff.
- Participate in Marketing objectives by providing content, answering questions promptly, and contributing Doctor Authored Articles/Case Studies for the promotion of Buena Vet’s community education and Wellness Blog.
- Must be fluent in English. Bilingual is a plus.
- Practice up-to-date, progressive Veterinary Medicine and Surgery of the highest quality.
- Computer proficiency: Dell pc’s, iPad, Google Business (Gmail, Docs, Sheets), Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), veterinary software (Avimark).
- Excellent facilitation, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Must have some Management experience and be a natural leader (professionalism, discretion, integrity, honesty, fairness, respect, and dedication).
- Ultrasound, Abaxis Machines, Dental RADS
Please submit your cover letter and resume via: http://www.buenavet.com/careers/
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
Relocation Stipend: $1,500.00 in state or $3,000.00 out of state.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift