The Helping Hands Team Member will be trained in and supports all areas of functional operations for all Dollywood Company Properties including: Dollywood Theme Park, Dollywood’s Splash Country, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa, and Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Cabins. This position provides Helping Hands team members with valuable knowledge and experience that produces a well-rounded view of operations at each property. It has the potential to serve as an enrichment opportunity for hosts developing their career within the organization, as they will increase their understanding of and exposure to many different divisions among the properties. Helping Hands is a training position. As such, it is required that your skills and performance are evaluated as being eligible for promotion. If your performance does not fit that profile, you will be given the opportunity to interview for other open positions within the Dollywood Company, with no guarantee of placement. All of this will be done in a manner consistent with the mission, values and operating philosophies and standards of the Dollywood Company.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete training on the operational and functions of most divisions.
- Support the operations of Dollywood Company properties by working in a variety of roles that best help the daily staffing needs.
- Work flexible varying hours and at different locations.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all operational divisions.
- Maintain a friendly attitude toward Guests and Hosts. Greet guests, answer questions, and exceed expectations.
- Verbally communicate and enforce safety policies, procedures, operational and attraction rules in various roles.
- Visually observe Guests’ actions to ensure a safe Guest experience. Report unsafe acts to appropriate management.
- Follow policies and guidelines of each position and property as outlined during training.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- Execute proper cash handling procedures in roles where required.
- Assist with the facilitation of lines as directed to reduce the Guest wait time.
- Provide prompt, courteous attention to Guests in the role in which you are assigned for the shift.
- Guest Excellence and Employee Excellence/Expectations must be maintained in accordance to Dollywood Company property policies.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.